I had forgotten about the Kishan Vikas Patra purchased for my wife in year 2004. They matured in Feb 2013. I need to encash / get credit / redeem them. Since the post office is not near to home, I need to plan a visit to post office on a working day. I need to make two visits to get the credit of funds.
- If the certificates are not in your name, they need to be signed by the owning person before you go to the post office.
- If the owning person is not visiting along with you, you need to carry a letter of authorization signed by her.
- Identity proof like voter id/ pan card of the owning person. Name should match exactly as on the certificate.
- You can get a cheque in owning person name. I got the funds deposited into the PPF account with the same post office. Hence, I did not take the cheque for maturity amount.
- You need to visit the post office by 1:30 pm. I had visited around 12 pm.