It is rakhi time of the year. Almost every sister is going shopping for the Rakhi’s and looking for it to reach his beloved brother(s) in time. Every season, this has been going on. I did see the occasional issues every season with rakhi reaching me or rakhi from my wife reaching their destination.
A short note on what worked, and what didn’t for us:
- Receiving rakhi using local couriers (not nationalized couriers) – had issues reaching outskirts of the city. for example: gachibowli in hyderabad. I have to guide them to an alternate destination in the city, to my brother’s house in banjara hills. Sometimes, they have even gone back.
- I had later informed my sisters to send through the couriers like DTCP, Bluedart which had service to my office/home.
- DTCP seem to have not worked for mumbai once for us.
- When we sent them just in time, typically they reached after Rakhi.
- Blue dart has raised price and cost significantly higher.
With this, this season we have decided to buy them early and send through speed post with good lead time. It costed INR 39/- to other metroes. They are on their way from our side. Will update how it goes.
update: Rakhis reached all destination ahmedabad, mumbai and bangalore in 2-3 days time.