I was late at filing my returns for FY2015-16 and today finally finished submitting the returns. This year I used the java utility to complete the form and learnt a few things
- Schedule-S – Employer form 16 gross salary and the first entry (1) in the Schedule-S were different. For the former it included the exemptions from section 10 whereas for the latter – expected to be excluded & mention it separately in entry (2).
- section 10(14) did not have a sub-item under Schedule-S item (2). I have to add it under 2.iv – other allowances namely child education & conveyance allowance.
- With this – the Schedule-S item (7) – Income chargeable under Head “Salaries” – matched the employee form 16 and ITR form.
- Filled Indian stock dividend & long term exempted income under Schedule-EI and did not confused it with Schedule-OS 1.Income – a) Dividends
- Schedule VI-A – section 80D – My employer allowed me to contribute extra premium (insurance) to cover parents. With clarification from payroll – I found that it qualifies for Section 80D exemption.
- Ensure that Open “Validation” tab – I found a extra space next to the bank account number which I added by cut and paste. That had validation error.
- I missed 80D adding in the form. I lost some money. Given that I am filing late returns – cannot revise it.
I wish one day we have all this automated. My PAN card is linked to all my bank accounts, ICICIDIRECT account, TDS by employer – all of this should automatically light up in the form. The tax payer should be relieved of going through the tough task of filling the form & understanding all the sections & schedules.
I had rejoined the same organization after couple of years of enterprising & working on my venture. I had not withdrawn my PF and after 3 years of no-contributions that PF account goes inactive & does not get any interest. It could not be used by the employer on rejoining & payroll applied for a new PF account with EPF. UAN (Universal account number) had also come into being in the meanwhile. I did not have UAN number & old PF account was not linked to UAN.
Getting the UAN
Getting the UAN is the first step. Employer had applied for UAN along with creation of the new PF account. I need to wait until the UAN is allocated for the new PF account for the transfer. It took order of 6 months – I don’t know exactly when UAN got allocated. UAN status I checked here using the PF account number provided by the employer available on the payslip. Note Ext field can be empty as suggested on the page.
Once the UAN is generated – it can be activated here and the website provides few services like downloading the eUAN as a pdf file. You can also download the passbook – I have raised the request & it mentions that the request will take 4 days. You can list your old account under this UAN by following the menu under “previous member id”
Preview member id -> View Status allows to check for eligibility for transfer but it gives the error incorrectly that “Previous & present establishments are same”. but You can still proceed with the PF transfer process. My employer was registered online with digital certificate & I can initiate the PF transfer online.
Fill PF Transfer form online
I have to register here with my PAN card. Login and fill the transfer form online. I need two PF account (old & present) and it was straight forward. It finally gave a pdf link which I downloaded, printed & followed the employer process to submit to payroll department. Since in my case previous and current employer is same – it can be submitted with current employer. Otherwise – it is recommended to forward to previous employer.
Track the status
The status of the PF transfer request can be tracked online here.
Today morning, I was trying to reach a call center executive regarding my data plan. Vodafone IVR menu is structured in such a way that reaching the call center executive is made very difficult. There is no 9 on the main menu neither it is there on most of the second level menus.
I found it hidden in the sequence 5 -> 3 -> 9 and I am sure many others will be chasing this sequence!
I had recent installed a second sim in my nokia lumia 730 and hence, got a second (sim) mobile identity. No sooner I found that true caller is showing wrong identity (name) for my second number.
I asked one of my family members to fix the name using true caller app. He did but still it did not correct it. Today I have posted the request through this link as per true caller facebook page. Will update if that works out!
A while back ( 6 weeks), I had purchased dual sim nokia lumia 730. I had got introduced to micro/nano sim terminology with the phone since the phone had micro-sim slots. Micro/nano are smaller and more-small sim form factors of sim and latest mobile phones sim have these kind of sim slots; old (big) size sim does not fit in these slots. I have to exchange my old (normal size) sim to get a Micro sim from the Vodafone store. This is short summary about micro/nano sims. google can give more technical details about these terms.
At Vodafone store, I asked the most compatible sim and the executive offered me nano sim with micro & normal sim adapters. Adapters are essentially containers where the smaller size sim can be inserted.
Recently I purchased a second connection & it came with a nano sim. I did not pay much attention to realize that it is nano sim!!! and tried to put in micro sim slot 2 of my nokia lumia 730. It slid inside & I realized soon that it is not the correct size sim. but there was no way to get the sim out. I took the phone to Nokia care. Unfortunately – Nokia care concluded that 2nd sim slot is not accessible even after opening the phone; slot is irreversibly blocked; send phone to factory to get the sim slot replaced; it won’t be covered by warranty; it will cost me ~INR 5k! Needless to say – I did not feel good. I planed to active 2nd sim and here I was – with 2nd slot permanently blocked & no solution to fix it.
At the end of the day, I tried my luck on google. I found few recipes like using tweezers, cutting the sim slot, pressing the pins using a thin thing and shaking the phone to get the sim out. Nothing worked. I had almost given up & was thinking of raising my 1year accidental insurance claim as last resort. At this time, I found this intelligent solution. Before you read further – watch the video.
The solution worked and helped get the stuck nano sim in micro sim slot out. Here are my observations from the experience:
- Cut the card strip from the middle of the card – to avoid rounded corners.
- Cut the card strip that fits the width of the sim card – to have max contact area with the sim.
- Insert the card strip and feel the touch with the sim. Gentle push will give the feel of the spring action – before applying faviquik.
- Apply faviquik just enough – to avoid spilling on the pins in the slot.
- Keep the phone such that gravity acts against the faviquik spilling on pins.
- Time to keep the strip in slot for 5 minutes. Blow little air from mouth. Give time; be patient.
Faviquik manufacturers wouldn’t have thought how it can help in such circumstances! Its a great tool. Kudos to Saurabh for the awesome trick that likely saved 10s of phones / sim slots from becoming unusable!!